Friday, August 31, 2012

Baby Shower Answers

Sandra asks…

How do I word baby shower invitations if many guests don't know the Mom-to-Be yet?

I am the sister of the Father-to-be and I plan to invite many people who have been very significant in my brother's life and whom would be thrilled to be invited, but do not yet know the Mommy-to-be. How do I word the invitation so those receiving it know who the shower is for??

DidikTimer answers:

First of all, don't invite MANY people. It's a baby shower, an intimate gathering and lots of people at those things just come off as a gift grab.
Second of all, don't be insulted if these invitations get tossed in the trash. If I was invited to a baby shower and I didn't know the mother, I would ignore it, no matter how much the shower giver had thought I would be thrilled to be included. It just sounds greedy.
If I was that important to the couple's life, I would have met the mother to be before they were ready to deliver the child....like at their wedding.
Carol asks…

Baby Shower Invitations/Birthday Party wording?

I am in my 8th month of pregnancy now so my grandmother decided to throw me a baby shower. Well, the only day available is on her 66th birthday. Many of our family and friends who we don't see very often are going to be there, so my aunt and I decided to make it a surprise birthday party for her as well as a baby shower for me. How should I word the insert into the baby shower invitations????????

DidikTimer answers:

Just slip a little note into each invitation that says something like "Shh! Don't tell Nana, but we also want to help her celebrate her 66th Birthday during the celebration welcoming the new baby. Remember, it's a surprise!" You might also have everyone bring one flower and you can make her a beautiful bouquet that she can take home.
Ruth asks…

How do you word baby shower invitations for friends who live out-of-state?

They probably won't make it out but I'd still like to make them feel a part of the shower.

DidikTimer answers:

I would just send the same invitations....and then, perhaps, have the hostess (if not you) write a note on these invitations asking them to come if they can.
Michael asks…

Help!! Wording For Butterfly Baby Shower Invitations?

I need some cute wording for a Butterly Themed baby shower invite
Had idea of
Abbie Elise may Just be a flutter in her belly. or Abbie Elise may just be a flutter in our heart. I not real good at this. just some kind of butterfly wording is what i want, but i'll take anything cute.

DidikTimer answers:

Have you written anything yet?
What are your ideas?
Like come fly over to __________'s_baby shower.
And share her day.
Or.
It is time now for ____________'s special day.
Please come share it with us.
Or.
The time has come.
The baby is near.
Please come to the party
And help us share
In _______________ special day.
Please contact us right away.
I was wondering if you had any ideas I could add too.
Or if you had a theme.
Hope it helped.
How about---
...............................
Abbie Elise is fluttering near her mother's heart
And will be here real soon.
Will you come flutter with her?
And share with her mother
this special day.
Or another second part---
Will you come flutter with her
And share (the mother's name} this special tune.
................
I was thinking tune, because fluttering makes noise.
Kind of like a song. Beautiful baby name.
Ken asks…

I Need Help Wording My Baby Shower Invitations..?

I am having a baby shower but all of my in-laws live out of state. I want to be sure that I include everyone so that no one's feelings get hurt. I would like to include a note including the stores I am registered at. I would also like to add that gifts may be purchased online or a gift card may be purchased but I don't know how to word it so that it doesn't sound tacky. Any suggestions???
I am the pregnant one.. My mom is hosting but I'm helping with the invites...
My hand writing is neat... This has been done before. I don't need criticism, just help wording... I will look elsewhere because I find most of the answers given to be very rude.

DidikTimer answers:

Hi and congrats on your pregnancy!
First of all - don't get down about the comments that people have made here. When you put yourself out there in the form of a question, you're bound to get people who say EXACTLY what they think - even if it comes across as rude.
Secondly - it is NOT tacky or wrong of you to be helping with the invitations. YES, a shower is given to you but there is nothing wrong with helping with it. Ask anyone you know who has had any type of bridal/baby shower, and they will tell you that they helped plan it! In fact - I created my own invites (I have extensive graphic design experience from previous work history).
You say that you want to include everyone so as not to hurt anyone's feelings - not sure what you mean by that one. As for me, I created my bridal shower invites to say: "Please join us for a bridal shower in honor of (me), bride-to-be of (my husband)" because I didn't want to leave him out (and his extended family, many of whom I had never met, would know who I was).
Why not word yours the same way? "Please join us for a baby shower in honor of (you and your husband)" Including your in-laws in any other way (you are including their son on the invite) seems inappropriate, unless they are helping to give you the shower. In that case, you could add (farther down): "Given with love by (your mom and your mother-in-law).
Nowadays, MANY people state where they are registered. Perhaps it wasn't proper etiquette several years ago, but it is a very popular thing to do now. Guests WANT to know where to shop for you and what you need/want. Politely state "(you) is registered at (store)." As for gift cards, do not mention that on the invite itself - you can register for gift cards and your guests will see that on your registry. Also, your guests will know that gifts can be purchased online - you don't need to remind them of that.
I really hope this helps! I know it was long...........but I had a lot to say. GOOD LUCK with your pregnancy and best wishes for a pain-free labor and smooth delivery! AND HAVE FUN AT YOUR SHOWER! :)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
 
This information is only part of a collection of articles DidikTimer, hope is something that is beneficial to readers Baby Shower Answers.
Please also check out my other guide on Baby Shower Invitations Wording.
Title: Baby Shower Answers; Written by Unknown; Rating: 5 dari 5

No comments:

Post a Comment